Monday, April 28, 2008

3 Year Well Check





Ella had her 3 year well check last week with Dr. Dernbach. They gave her a developmental test and I have to say that even I was impressed with her answers. The Dr. said she was doing things you would expect a 4 or 5 year old to do. There were a lot of open ended questions like "What do you do when you're cold". I for sure didn't think she would get that...and what did she say "Put your jacket on". The funniest one to me was "What is a chair for" she said "To eat". Now, that probably wouldn't make sense to many people but all day long she hears "Ella, get up in your chair to eat that!" So it made sense to me. She weighed 36 pounds, which was down 2 pounds from her regular 38 because she had the rota virus the week before, and was 36.5 inches (I think, I can't really remember the exact height number). It was the 90% for both her height and weight...perfectly proportionate.
She did an awesome job letting the Dr. look and listen to her. Besides a few seasonal allergies...and every virus in town...she is perfectly healthy and right on track.
Unfortunately I had told her the night before that she didn't need any shots...I didn't think she needed any until kindergarten. Well, I was wrong, she needed her second Hep A. I felt sooooo bad. She fought it, and cried afterward saying "Daddy said I didn't need a shot!!" All I could say was "You're right Ella, but DADDY didn't know!" Even though it was me who had told her that. Part of me was kind of glad she blamed it on him and not me...at least he didn't have to witness it.
When it was all over she happily picked out her sucker and sticker and went on her way. Half way down the elevator she said "That Dr. hurt me!!!" I said no Ella it was the nurse who gave you the shot. The moment I said it all I could think was "Why do the nurses always have to do the dirty work?? And get blamed for everything??" I guess that is just the way it goes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the photos of her.(: