Sunday, April 13, 2008

My Baby turned Three









Three years ago today...at 5:30am...my first baby girl entered this world....and my life has never been the same! When they handed Ella to me for the first time I was instantly in love with her. She was, and still is, absolutly beautiful. I know it is a bit cliche...but it seems like she was born yesterday. We had such a wonderful time during that first year. I would take her for long walks, carry her around in the front pack all the time, and snugle her in bed every morning. She was the most wonderful baby. Very laid back and independent. I remember her playing with her toys for up to an hour at a time at only 3 months old. She remains laid back and fiersly independent...although she is quiet strong willed as well. She is speaking very clearly and some of the things that come out of her mouth just floor me. She is potty trained for the most part. I put her in underpants 85% of the time and she has an occational accident. She is still in a diaper or pull up for night time and sometimes I get scared/desperate when we go out so I throw her in a pullup. Yesterday we got her first big haircut. Her hair was down to her waist, thick and curly. It was becoming a serious fight every morning to get it combed and pulled back and I was sick of the fight. My very good friend, and hair stylist, Carla was nice enough to fit her in to the end of her day yesterday, so we took her in. She cut it in an adorable little bob, left the bangs so I can pull them back and put in a few layers...it is so cute...and I must mention easy to do!



She had a blast at her birthday party today. We had it at the place where the girls take gymnastics class. There were 20 little kids there: preschool friends, family, family friends and neighbors. As requested she had a dora cake. She and Hailey wore matching ballarnia leotards and looked amazing. I think a fun time was had by all. Thanks to everyone who came.



Ella is growing up to be such a kind and loving little girl. When her friends are over she always makes sure to tell them hi and bye and thanks for coming...she also makes sure they have a drink or a snack if they need it. She watches out for her sister and loves to play with her (most of the time). She will out of the blue say "I love you Daddy" or "I love you Mommy". Lately she has been learning about friends and family and loves trying to name who is a friend and who is family. The first time I asked her who was in her family she said "Taylor". Makes since... she sees Taylor almost everyday. I often hear her saying "I want to see my fa-ma-ily." She loves to sing and dance and is also very athletic. Today at the gym she walked half way across the balance beam unassisted. She is also very smart. She can say all her ABC's, and can count to I don't know how many :) She can recognize letters and today when I put my necklace with and E on she pointed to it and said E...for Ella. Yesterday when she was getting her hair cut, Carla asked her "who is your favorit princess?" She said "mommy". It warmed my heart. No matter what I look like, or what kind of a bad day I am having I am always a princess in her eyes...her favorite one at that!! I am going to keep that in mind for when she is 13, I will say to her "Remeber when you thought I was your favorite princess"...



Grant and I could absolutely not be any more proud of our amazing little girl. She makes us smile everyday and it is such a joy to watch her grow and develop.






So, Happy Birthday Little Ella Grace...we love you more than you know!!



Mom

No comments: