Sunday, April 20, 2008

March of Dimes: Walk America




I've decided to bite the bullet and participate in Walk America again this year. As many of you know I started as a nurse in the NICU right out of college...and although I have contemplated going elsewhere...my heart is in the NICU and I really can't imagine being anywhere else. I haven't been working for a while now but am looking at going back by the end of the month (I finally put a call into my manager!!). The babies I work for are so near and dear to my heart and amaze me with their strength and resilience. The March of Dimes directly supports premature or ill newborns, and are doing a great deal of research to try to prevent prematurity and to increase treatment to those who are born prematurely. It a cause very near and dear to my heart.
Actually taking to plunge to do that walk has been very motivating and has got me out walking every day to prepare. I can't wait to actually participate in the walk on April 26th and see all the people who come out to support those babies that I love so dearly.
Please help support me on this endeavor by donating to my fundraising page. My goal is to raise $300 dollars but am hoping to far surpass that. Any bit of donation is greatly appreciated!! My personal fundraising page (through the March of Dimes home page) is:

www.marchforbabies.org/kellycarrick

Thank you in advance for your support. I am attaching a photo of each of my babies...both born happy and healthy after the complications of gestational diabetes. I am so thankful for the wonderful care both them and I received during both of my pregnancies!!

No comments: