Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another Shout Out: Tera







Tera and I were neighbors far before we were friends. I can clearly remember the day I knew we would be friends. I was close to being due with Ella and was going on a quick walk around the block (in an attempt to get my blood sugar down) when I walked by Tera's house she was out to get the mail and told me she was too pregnant and she was so excited we would be having babies together. This was probably the first time I had ever talked to her...and she gave me the biggest hug. She gives great hugs.


So, Ella was born in April and Marlee in July, and from then on out we came to rely on each other for much needed support. Wendy and I have been so close for so long that I never thought I would ever have another friend even remotely like her...and then came Tera. She is the type of person who you can talk about ANYTHING with, and she won't even blink an eye, never judge, and either laugh or cry along with you. I called her today to tell her about the blow out poop Hailey had...because I knew she would find it amusing. I called her a few weeks ago when I was having a blow out with Ella and thought I was going to kill her. I was in the middle of a full on panic attack...picked up the phone...called her...and in about 5 minutes was calmed down again.


She has two beautiful children who are so dear to my heart. Marlee because she and Ella are so close and are growing up together. I love that we have photos of them together when they are only like 4 months old. And Chase for reasons Tera knows...and because he is the most flirty, friendly little boy I think I have ever met...he takes after his mama.


Tera's daughter was diagnosed with some very severe allergies within the last year, and they have been through a lot trying to get her healthy. It was truly heartbreaking to see them go through this. This last week, at Ella's birthday party, I made Marlee some wheat free/dairy free cupcakes...and I can't tell you what a joy it was to see her devouring her cake with the rest of the kids. Not even noticing she had something different.


And through all of this...she is an AMAZING photographer!!! I have been blessed to have her take many, many shots of my family. I love going to her website just to look at her images. She has her own business and works from home...all while trying to take care of two little ones. I honestly don't know how she does it. You can check out her website at: http://www.photographybytera.com/




So Tera...I love you girl...Don't know where I would be without you!




No comments: