Monday, April 7, 2008

Back in the Day





Wendy and I have been the very best of friends for as long as I can remember. We actually became friends in the 4th grade because neither one of us wanted to play football with the rest of the class...so we played on the "big toy". I can't remember who read it to who...but we shared the Shel Silverstein poem "Sarah Cynthia Stout would not take the garbage out" (I think that is the name) with each other. From that day on we were pretty much attached at the hip. We have been through so much together; from the dances of high school, the basketball we played together...remember when we went to state, graduating high school, heading off to college (I finally got her to move to Eastern), too many apartments for me to remember, parties, trips, introducing her to Jay, weddings, the births of our babies (we have been there for each other while each baby came into the world...Taylor, Ella, Nolan, and Hailey...in that order), unfortunately some hard losses of some very important people, and now being stay at home mom's together. I don't know where I would be without her...she is my rock. We have the type of friendship most people just dream of having. We can talk everyday and never get sick of the other. We can say or do anything...without ever facing any judgement. We can count on each other when times are bad...or when there is good news to be heard :) She is the one I called immediately when I found out I was pregnant both times (right after I told Grant of course!). I know we will be friends for life...when we take our last breath (hopefully a long time from now) I know the other will be there.

I was at her house today...and looking through her photo albums and found the above photos of us through the years (there were a TON more...but I chose the most flattering ones to post!!). We have had so many fun times together. And man...I can't believe how thin we were. What I wouldn't give for that flat tummy back. I think I will post some of these photos on my fridge to keep me motivated.

So Wendy...I love you girl! You mean so much to me!

Wendy also has a blog...the address is: http://www.wjwest.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Wendy West said...

Thank you so much for the touching email. Where would I be without you. I would have missed out on so much, we had soooo much fun. Trampaline olympics, girls camp, goofy halloween costumes, Bryan Adams concert, and 1st boyfriends. It will be such a joy to watch our kids enjoy some of the same things....except for the boyfriends. Thanks for everything girlie...i love you so much.
"Everything I Do I Do It For You."