Friday, February 8, 2008

Sleep: Part 2

Well, last night, for the first time in a while, I actually got a good nights sleep. I can't revile all the tricks I used :) But I did make myself stay up until midnight, and instead of falling asleep to the TV, I fell asleep with my head on Grant's chest. The rhythm of his breathing was actually really relaxing. I slept from midnight until almost 8:00. Although I felt more rested in the morning, it did trigger a migraine headache. I have heard that changes in sleep can trigger a migraine, but wasn't sure if I had ever experienced it before today. I never had migraines until my last pregnancy and since then have had one every now and then. Thank goodness for Excedrin migraine. It works like a charm. Hopefully tonight will go well also. Wish me luck!!!

On another sleep time note. Up until now, we have used a lock on the outside of Ella's room to keep her in her bedroom at night (it sounds mean, but it was really about keeping her safe and from wondering the house at night). But I have been thinking that if I am going to potty train her, she is going to need to be able to get out of bed to use the potty if needed. So tonight I did not lock her door and she was supposed to go to bed 30 minutes ago, and this is her second time out of bed already. I guess I better go address the problem. Any suggestions on how to keep her in her room without locking the door???

No comments: