Saturday, February 23, 2008

Overconfident

Ella has been doing really well with her potty training. In fact on Wednesday she did all her pee and poop in the potty with the exception of one pee accident. I got so confident that the next morning, while getting ready to go the chiropractor, I decided to put Ella in panties. "She can do it" I thought "She did it all day yesterday". You guessed it, right in the middle of my back adjustment I started to smell something and I knew it wasn't the Dr. I realized it was Ella that pooped and then in the next second, remembered she was in panties...oh man. It wasn't that big of a deal in the end. Easy to clean up, and I had an extra pair of pants and a pull up in the car. But I learned a good lesson. In the beginning of potty training, even if they are doing great, put them in a pull up while going out, or else you will inevitable end up with some sort of mess to clean up. It is just Murphy's law...the kid knows that you are out and that they don't have any diaper on, and they go for it. When she has the pull up on she doesn't poop or pee. Go figure.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh no! That hasn't happened to us yet. But i'm sure my day will come. Our girls are becoming big girls! Scary but exciting.

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. I remember Henry would never have to go to the bathroom until we were out. And then, of course, it was an emergency.~lol