Thursday, May 8, 2008

Update: Day one

Well, I made it through my first day back at work...and it really was actually a good day. I think I forgot to mention that all my freaking out was just for orientation...lame, I know. I think most of my nerves came about leaving the girls. When I left in the morning Hailey was not up, and I wanted to wake her up just to give her a hug and say bye. Grant was not having that though, so I just didn't get to see her in the morning...making it a little sad to leave. During the whole day at work I was mostly so busy thinking and talking about other things that I didn't really have too much time to miss them. I have to admit...it was kind of nice to hear myself say something besides "Stop hitting your sister" and "Do you have to go potty"? At then end of the day Grant came to pick me up because we had to do a child switch so he could go to golf league. The girls were waiting in the Hospital lobby with him and as soon as they saw me came running up to me yelling "MOMMY!!!" and giving me tons of hugs and kisses. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder!!
I just want to say thank you for all of the AMAZING support I have received from all my friends and family. It brought tears to my eyes last night when I read all the comments. Sometimes I forget how much support is really out there...and when you see it, it is very humbling. I honestly couldn't be going back to work if I didn't have so many amazing people telling me I can do it. I have to give a special thanks to my loving husband, who has been so awesomely supportive of me going back to work, and who took a day off yesterday so he could stay home with the kids while I worked. Another big special thanks to my best friend Wendy, who is watching my kids today and never makes me feel like it will be putting her out. She went to the store yesterday to buy all sorts of special snacks and food just knowing my girls were coming. Anyone who knows them knows they eat ALL day long...so she was just gearing up for it. How sweet is that!
Again, thanks everyone...your support means the world to me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kelly! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night...we can both learn all over again....you orientees always have so many questions that I also am looking things up in books for you so I sound smart...haha...leaving the kids is never easy..Kelsey still hates it when I go to work. You will do great if you can survive boring orientation you can survive anything! In fact you will have to update me on the orientation latest and greatest!
See you tomorrow....
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

To my Kelly,

I think all you have to remember is how much those little ones need someone like you. You are making a difference with your touch, your gentle ways and your skill and making little connections that for all we know will last a lifetime. Even if you are with them for an hour or a day. You are an awsome nurse and I am so very proud of you.

I love you every day
Mom