Sunday, May 25, 2008

A long flight, a beautiful wedding, and some damn cute Hughes girls!!

Jason, Karrah, and their son Quinton

Cori, Nick, and Me

Cori and I

Back row: Casey, Jason, Nick
Front row: Heidi, Me, Traci, Julie and Cori

The Girls!! Me, Julie, Cori, Traci, and Heidi

Acting silly


I just got back from South Carolina where I went for my cousin Jason's wedding. Jason and I grew up together...he was the only cousin in a group of many who was the same age as me. I wouldn't have missed his wedding for the world. It was a beautiful wedding and reception. Appetizers, a four course meal, and of course...an open bar!!


All the people on our side of the family ripped it up. Drinking, dancing, singing...just having a general good time. It was wonderful to see some of my family that I haven't seen in a very long time. My cousin Traci even talked the bride into letting us do the chicken dance! A song/dance my Grandma Myrna headed up at every event there was! We all looked ridiculous doing it...but it is just part of the gig!


I have to say, seeing all of my cousins together made me realize what an amazingly pretty family I am part of (not to sound conceded). We are all tall blond bombshells. I think the shortest of us all is probably 5'7". It was wonderful to get a photo of all of us together!


It was funny to me that while we were growing up, there was such an age difference that none of us hung out really. There was a lot of babysitting going on...but not much more! Now that we are all adults, none of that seems to matter and we all can have an amazing time hanging out together...regardless of the age differences.


Leaving the girls for the first time ever was a bit difficult for me. I had a couple of full on breakdowns along the way. However; being at that reception without any kids to look after was actually really nice. It was the first time in a long time that I was actually able to just let loose and not worry about anyone else. It was so great to see them today, they were very welcoming and excited to see me!


So...that was my trip in a nutshell. I had an awesome time and am thinking I might need to take little trips without the kids more often :)

1 comment:

Wendy West said...

Looks like a good time...I can't wait for Wendy P's wedding. Nicholas is a handsome guy.