Monday, March 24, 2008

What to Do???



I am torn about work. Do I go back to the NICU...that I know and love. Do I try something new with hospice. Do I spend most of my time in the birth center? What about something completely different and outside of the hospital. I am leaning towards going back to the NICU/birthcenter arena for now. Hospice care is still very near and dear to my heart...and something I would love to do someday. I honestly just don't know if I am in the right place to spend the time and effort to learn something new right now. I noticed on the recent NICU schedule there were not many per diem shifts available to pick up, so I would probably have to split my time between there and the birth center...which would be fine by me.


As I am writing this I am listening to the song "You gotta be" by Des'ree. I am sure you all have heard of it. It is the song I used to listen to all the time on my way to clinical when I was in nursing school. The chorus part reminds me of everything you have to be when you are working in the hospital, and it would help me build my confidence as I headed in to that dreaded clinical day (all you other nurses know exactly what I mean by dreaded!!!)


I got a cortisone injection in my back and it is starting to kick in. If it works well I think I will call my manager next week and see what I can figure out. Hopefully she will take me back. I am sure she can always use perdiem nurses.




I am just feeling kind of torn as to what to do.




I didn't have any photos of my in nursing school, or at work, so I am posting a photo of Grant and I when we took to Mexico as a reward for finishing nursing school. Man...what I would give to have that tight little 130 lb body back. The funny thing is at the time I probably thought I was fat. If I could go back and talk to myself, I would be saying "Walk around in a bikini all day" b/c you don't even know what is coming ahead. (two kids and a completely different body!!!)

3 comments:

Wendy West said...

You go girl. I am so excited for you to go back to work. My suggestion, definately go back to what you already know and see how it feels, physically and mentally. I am basically opening up a day care...do Ella and Hailey want to sign up??

Anonymous said...

Excellent advice, Wendy.

Nursing is such a good career. It accommodates all stages of your life, where ever you are at the moment. So I also think just "stick your toe in" for now, and see how every thing goes. And remember you're "Never Alone"

I love you every day
Mom

Anonymous said...

And I think you are still gorgeous!

Mom