Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Preschool


I never knew the craziness that comes with preschool until recently. First of all, I think it is crazy that we have to make decisions about what preschool we want our kids to go to in September, when it is only the beginning of March. A lot can change between now and then. I was starting to get stressed out about getting her into the "right" school, and then decided that any school would probably be just fine. What I wanted the most was a school that was not a co-op. Yes, I do love the idea of a co-op, but when you have another little one to take care of, it is not easy to arrange babysitting and such for the day you have to be in the classroom. So, I succumb to the craziness and got up at 4:30 am the other day in order to get Ella enrolled in the preschool I wanted. I had to go at 5:00 to get a number and then go back at 7:00 to wait for my number to be called and hope there were still spots available. There was...and she got in...but the whole time I just kept thinking how crazy it all is. I know it is nothing compared to the competition that comes with getting into an east coast preschool, and hopefully it never comes to that, but there was still this weird feeling of competition. They are only 3 years old for goodness sakes. I actually really cannot wait until she is in kindergarten, in public school, and I know she will get in no matter what. Plus I won't have to pay for it. But I guess even then, you might not get the teacher you want, or the school you necessarily want.

Anyways, the conclusion is that Ella got into the preschool which was my first choice and she will be going next year two days a week on tues. and Thursday. That means I have 2 hours and 20 mins with only one child which will feel like a break to me!!! Yeah!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Man I didn't know it was such a competitive situation. What preschool did you choose? I think we are stuck with what might be left!

Kel said...

Jessica,
send me your email address and I will let you know where we are going. I didn't really want to mention the preschool on my blog.

Unknown said...

I don't remember it being that crazy when my kids were little.

But then again...it's been a loooong time.(: