Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Big Girl Bed




My little girl is growing up. About 2 weeks ago I went to get E from her nap only to find her straddling the crib rail and riding it like a horse. The day has come, I thought, that I have to transfer her out of the crib. After much deliberation about what type of bed to move her to (and a little annoyance that the "3 in 1" crib I bought her is really more of a "2 in 1") I decided to get her a toddler bed, figuring I could use it for sissy when E is done with it. I wasn't able to find any in town that I liked so I found one at toddlerbeds.com. It is a cute little white scalloped bed with a heart cutout in the headboard. She loves it, and loves her new found freedom. She will play in there by herself for up to an hour after she wakes up. Her favorite activities are taking all of her clothes out of her dresser, and all the toys out of the basket. So, needless to say, her room is a disaster zone, but that is okay. She is doing great adjusting to her new bed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe! They look so cute together. She is really growing up fast

Anonymous said...

Love the bed! I am really hesitating to get the boys in toddler beds because they are so crazy, but I will have to do it sometime soon. Glad she likes it, lets try and meet at the park this weekend? Cathy