Thursday, July 24, 2008

Another one...

I'm feeling a little uninspired about coming up with my own blog posts...so I copied another one of those little survey things. This one is about having babies...I'll use E for Ella and H for Hailey...

Child/Children's Age?
E: 3 years
H: 21 months

Name?
Ella Grace
Hailey Jane

Birthday?
E: 4/13/05
H: 10/5/06

Time of birth?
E: 5:30 am (I think)
H: 1:30 pm (I think)

How long did labor last?
E: 12 hours exactly from the start of the induction to the delivery
H: 12 hours from the time of early labor to the time of delivery...only about 4 hours of really active labor though

Who was in the room when baby was born?
E: Grant, Wendy, Dr. Dunlop, my nurse Heather, baby's nurse Lola
H: Grant, Wendy, Dr. Ortolano, my nurse Trish, baby's nurse Kim
(I only remember the nurse's names b/c I work with them!)

How long did you push?
E: 25 minutes (not too bad for a first baby)
H: 5 minutes (she basically fell out!)

Weight?
E: 7 lbs 9oz
H: 7lbs 3 oz

Length?
E: 19 inches
H: 20 inches

ANY HAIR?
E: lots of dark hair...which really through me for a loop b/c I was expecting blond or red
H: again...lots of dark hair

Who does baby look like?
E: Like dad from the start
H: They handed her to me and I said out loud "She doesn't look like anybody"...now I think she looks more like me

Have you lost it all?
E: lost all of it right away
H: lost all of it right away...then gained it all back :(

Was baby early or late?
E: Induced one week early due to gestational diabetes
H: Was supposed to be induced one week early because of the diabetes again, but decided to come on her one a week and a half early...I wasn't too sad about that!

Who drove you home from the hospital?
Grant

How many baby showers did you have?
Two for each...one with friends and family and one with my coworkers!

When did baby start sleeping through the night?
E: I think around 7-8 months
H: 11 almost 12 months

Did you breastfeed?
E: 11 months until I got prego again with H and just couldn't keep up with it
H: She still hasn't totally given it up at 21 months...I think we're close though

Who keeps your baby the most?
I do!!! Until a few months ago they were always in the care of either Grant or I (or a family member here and there) Now they go to daycare 2 days a week.

How did you pick the name?
We had a really hard time picking names. A little while before I had Ella my mom was telling me about some aunts she had named Ella and Sophie...I really liked them both. We went into the delivery with the names Ella and Kaylin. In the end I let Grant decide. Grant wanted to name her Grace, but I liked it more for a middle name.
For Hailey we went into the delivery each with 3 names picked out. Mine were Ava, Molly, and Alyssa...Grants were Hailey, Alexis, and I can't remember his third. Again, I let Grant make the final decision. Jane is her middle name and we just both liked the way it sounded with Hailey. Neither of them were named until they were like half a day old!

How did you know when it was time to go to hospital?
E: I went in two times with false labor. I had a ton of contractions but no change. Finally I went in for a scheduled induction.
H: I went in one night with really bad back pain thinking I had another kidney stone. They were just about to send me home and decided to check me again and I had gone from a 2 to a 4 in one hour. So it wasn't a kidney stone it was labor :) A little while after that my water broke on it's one. Then it all stalled and I was stuck at 4. A tiny bit of pitocin and I was on my way to delivery in just a couple of hours!

Did you go home or somewhere else when you left the hospital?
I think we went to the store to fill my prescriptions and get some food, then came right home!

Anyone spend the night with you first night home?
Nope...just me and Grant!

Did you cry the first time you held your baby?
E: No, but I couldn't stop smiling!
H: Bawled my eyes out...I think I was just so relieved it was over! It was not a great pregnancy!

Who cut the cord?
E: Grant...and blood squirted all over him!
H: Grant again, this time he did it better!

Where was the baby born?
Kadlec Medical Center

Did you video tape the birth?
E: We started video taping right after the birth
H: We had the camera all set up from behind (so you couldn't see the actual birth but could get the picture) Well, Dr. Ortolano came in and raised the bed way up b/c he is very tall, and nobody thought to move the camera, so you can hear everything going on, but can't see much!

Are you happy with how things turned out?
Absolutely. I had really crappy pregnancy's..but awesome deliveries.

Do you want to have another?
Yes, probably one more...not sure when though...

No comments: