Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My New Dessert!

Okay, well I've officially started my diabetic diet. For some reason I am really resisting it this time and I REALLY don't want to do it. However, I also REALLY don't want to deliver a 12 pound baby...so I will give in. This is the one situation where it is a benefit to work in the NICU, because I have seen those 12 pound babys, who don't want to eat, have an IV, and who's mother's walk in hours later looking exactly like what's happened to them...they've been riped open from one side to the other.
So, here is my new desert option. It has 100 calories, is about one carb exchange, and is surprisingly quite good! I could probably use the calories and fat that are in the full fat one but part of how they get those calories is through sugar, so that is out. I am partial to the key lime pie flavor! This will have to replace my very favorite skinny cow ice cream cones :(

http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/brands/product_image.aspx?catID=23382&itemID=14484

No comments: