Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Change...

Let me start by saying I have been feeling pretty crappy for some time now. Lack of energy, heart pounding, trouble sleeping, and PAIN!!! Granted I am 16 weeks pregnant, but this was going on long before this pregnancy. Also, I didn't feel this crappy when I was pregnant with Ella and taking care of myself better.

I don't always watch Oprah...but I record it. Today I watched yesterdays show of her Best life week with Dr. Oz. Halfway through the show I got up, went to my cubbard and swallowed my prenatal vitamin and my iron pill!!! I know that there have been many people in my life telling me the life changes I should do to start feeling better (MOM) but I think today I finally got it!

I haven't been the wife I want to be, the mom I want to be, the nurse I want to be, the daughter I want to be, or the friend I want to be. I am better than this...I just know it. I need to change...and it has to be know.

So...I am going to start a list and put it on my fridge. Here it goes:
-Take my vitamins...every day. At the very least my prenatal plus a vitamin D
-Take my iron as prescribed...I think one time a day (I'll look). Don't forget!!! It will make me feel better
- Eat breakfast every day. Shoot for oatmeal or cream of wheat. Figure out something for in a hurry (any suggestions).
-Cut WAY back on sugar. This means soda...which I love right now. This will probably become mandatory due to the diabetes I have dealt with in my previous pregnancies. It is torture at time, but makes you feel better.
-Stretch every day
-Exercise 3-4 times a week. Prenatal water aerobics, yoga, walk.
-Wake up at the same time everyday. Between 7:30 and 8:00

Alright, so I'll start with that. That is actually a lot of changes for me.
Encouragement is much appreciated!

2 comments:

Tera said...

You are an amazing mother & wife Kelly and such a generous & supportive friend. I dont know where I would be with out you in my life. I have & will always be here for you. You can do it Kel - we'll help each other. =) BIG Hugs - Tera

Wendy West said...

For a quick easy breakfast I suggest srambling up a dozen or so eggs and cooking up some sausage. Cool them in fridge. Individually wrap up some breakfast buritos with cheese in a tortilla inside tinfoil. put all of them in lrg ziplock. Microwave them 1-2 min for good on the go breakfast.
Change is great, I am cheering for you!!!